Monday, March 30, 2009

Sitting back and watching the weirdos

Sometimes I just don't feel like dancing around like a puppet to an animation script. Which reminds me we really need to change out the dances on the dance barrel. they were picked way back in the days of Phucket Cove which is a business I would just as soon not have any memories of. Anyway, before I go off on that unpleasant tangent, back to my subject. I love, as my loyal readers know, the Wharf Rats. They are some of the coolest, weirdest, most fun loving people around. 

Some of them often show up dressed in the oddest costumes. there are some very obvious characters in this group. mtd1952 timeless is a classic example of a guy who loves to dress up and more frequently down. The other night he arrived at the Wharf dressed as a 17th fop having just come from a party celebrating Elton John's birthday. He was wearing a powdered wig that was about 5 times the size of his avatar. It was truly original and inspired. 
Dodgeguy Woodward was around at one point this week as the gigantic staypuff marshmallow man of Ghostbuster's fame.

And then the other night Sebastiaan and I were shape shifting through many shapes and sizes of avatars but my favourite one, pictured above, was the greenies alien. Greenies makes the coolest stuff. 
The inspiration of people never ceases to amaze me and some nights it is just fun to sit back and watch the parade. I think this has inspired me to have a costume contest one night. 

And back to Greenies ... I bought the coolest skybox from there. Once I get it all set up I will take some pictures and post them here. 

4 comments:

  1. I still want to see you as Wyle E. Coyote when I get a piano or a large old fashioned safe to drop on you..just to be completist about the character. I mean, what is the Coyote without an ACME 1 Tonne Metal Weight dropped on him from 500 Feet?
    I agree, we have some of the greatest, strangest folks in costumes and avi's that are weird, awesome, and cool. I snapped some pictures over the weekend, including Mr Stay Puft, and a poohbear, rat, and some weird robot. I think you were the rat Finn. I didn't get your roo picture from last night though. Drat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fin your constantly showing up in unusual avies is what inspires us to do the same, its just plain fun.. and Dehr.. if your gonna be tru to form and drop stuff on Wyle E.'s head, then be sure to also get him that silly lil umbrella he always held up as if it would protect him from the impending doom.. hehe.. not that i condone tune violence of course..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yea, the little pink umbrella - a shield against certain doom - lol. I would be surprised to find that Finn didn't already have one of those...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh I love the Greenies. Maybe one of these nights Mal and I will show up in ours. hehe

    ReplyDelete